Saturday, February 7, 2009

When I met BB he was a wheelchair bound sixth grader who did not know that he could open a banana. In the last five months we learned so much from each other, as I presented him with bananas to open and he discovered his potential to open them.

From the day I learned about this job opportunity, I began thinking of BB as the student he will be as he finishes high school and begins to move out into the world on his own. As a teacher who believes that teaching is a lifetime commitment, my only regret is that I did tell him how to contact me when he needs advice or inspiration. Today I started a blog (link) so he can open that banana when he needs it. Hopefully he will find it when he needs it.

Please keep BB and everyone who surrounds these events in your thoughts and prays as they begin a new chapter in their lives.

Till we meet again,

No comments:

Post a Comment